The practice nurse team all hold diplomas in specific disease areas with a wealth of knowledge and expertise. They see patients by appointment only, holding clinics every day of the week.
They perform regular screening and monitoring of patients and run the following clinics:
- Hypertension – blood pressure monitoring
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease – Bronchitis, Emphysema.
- Coronary Heart Disease – Angina, Heart Attack
- Stroke & Transient Ischaemic Attack
- Smoking Cessation Advice
- Cervical Screening
- Medication reviews
- NHS health checks
Immunisations for children and adolescents will also be performed by the Practice Nurse team.
They are happy to answer any queries within their scope of knowledge either face to face or over the telephone.
Our well-equipped treatment room is staffed by experienced nurses, a healthcare assistant and two fully trained phlebotomists who offer the following services:
- Blood and urine tests
- Wound management (including wound dressing, suture removal, management of leg ulcers and care of traumatic wounds).
- Ear syringing
- Administration of Depot injections
- Foreign Travel Clinic
- Recording ECGs (heart tracings)
We have access to a team of trained nurses who are managed by Bristol Community Health. They undertake complex assessments of health needs for our housebound patients which include:
- Palliative care
- Wound management
- Post-operative follow up
- Appropriate drug administration
- Bowel and catheter management
- Teaching self- care procedures
- Educating and assisting patients and carers to promote optimum health
- Health promotion
Bristol Community Health also employs Community Matrons who look after patients over 65. They monitor their condition and medication, and advise them and their carers in their disease management. They provide support in their own home and hospital if unwell, coordinating their care and bringing in other services if needed.