The NHS Health Check is a health check-up for adults in England aged 40-74. It’s designed to spot early signs of stroke, kidney disease, heart disease, type 2 diabetes or dementia. As we get older, we have a higher risk of developing one of these conditions. An NHS Health Check helps find ways to lower this risk.
Our nursing team is pleased to offer NHS health checks for those between the ages of 40 and 74. They are aimed at lowering people’s risk of developing heart disease, kidney disease and type 2 diabetes and of suffering from a stroke.
Each check will involve the following:
- Questions about your family history, and any medication you’re taking.
- Your height, weight, sex, ethnicity and age will be recorded.
- Your blood pressure will be taken.
- A simple blood test will check your cholesterol level.
- Your body mass index (BMI) will be calculated. BMI is a measure of whether you’re a healthy weight for your height.
Please contact reception if you would like to book one of these checks.