Who are we? – Patients just like you
The Patient Participation Group (PPG) at Fishponds Family Practice is made up of active volunteer patients who work in partnership with our practice staff and GPs.
We aim to help improve the services offered by the practice; to speak for and support all patients by providing a link between you and the Fishponds Family Practice.
We do this by
- Listening to you and sharing your views with our Practice
- Meeting bi-monthly with the Practice Manager
- Accessing a range of support and publications covering healthcare issues through our membership of the National Association for Patient Participation
- Providing information to patients on our notice board in reception under the TV
- Continuing contact with our local Clinical Commissioning Group and other PPGs.
Examples of our work/input
- Suggesting improvements to patient privacy at the reception desk and by the availability of an interview room
- Suggesting more phone lines covered at peak times
- Having input into content and format of the information on the TV screen and website
- Being instrumental in the provision of the Staff photo board by reception desk
- Fundraising and providing refreshments at the Saturday morning flu clinics
- Campaigning by:
- – Raising patient awareness of changes in NHS – including cuts
- Collecting signatures for National NHS petition to Government
- Writing to local MPs and Secretary of State for Health to express concern regarding NHS funding
- Keeping patients informed through our Notice board and leaflets
- Supporting Practice staff.
If you would like to join the PPG, please contact the practice manager Paul Williams on 0117 908 2397 or email us at the email address above or complete the online form by clicking on the button shown below
OR: if you prefer, you can download the sign-up form below, print it out, fill it in, and post it to the Practice.
If you do not use e-mail or have access to a printer, but would still like to contact us, please outline your issue or idea and hand it in at reception with your name and contact telephone number in a sealed envelope marked ‘Patient Participation Group’.
We aim to acknowledge your request within a few days.
Please note that the PPG cannot become involved in matters of a specifically medical or clinical nature.
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. The Data Protection Act 2018 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.