About your appointment :-
Please book an appointment with our treatment room for bloods. Please bring with you a urine sample.
Then book an appointment a week later for a telephone consultation with one of our practice nurses.
During your appointment the nurse will discuss with you:
– Smoking History and Cessation advice if applicable
– Height & Weight = BMI
– Blood Pressure & Pulse
– Diet and Alcohol Consumption
– Exercise Tolerance.
– Lifestyle Advice
– Advice r.e. seasonal vaccinations.
Preventing coronary heart disease (CHD)
You can reduce your risk of getting CHD by making some simple lifestyle changes.
- eating a healthy, balanced diet
- being physically active
- giving up smoking
- controlling blood cholesterol and sugar levels
Keeping your heart healthy will also have other health benefits, such as helping reduce your risk of stroke and dementia.
For more information please visit the NHS Website by clicking here.